J Cancer 2018; 9(2):232-238. doi:10.7150/jca.22962 This issue
1. 3rd Department of Surgery, AHEPA University Hospital, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Medical School;
2. Pathology Department, Faculty of Medicine, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki, Greece;
3. 1st Internal Medicine Division, University Hospital of Ioannina, University of Ioaninna, Medical School;
4. Surgery Department, “Interbalkan” European Medical Center, Thessaloniki, Greece;
5. Oncology Department, “Interbalkan” European Medical Center, Thessaloniki, Greece;
6. Pulmonary - Oncology Department, “Theageneio” Anticancer Hospital, Thessaloniki, Greece;
7. Research Laboratory and International Collaboration, Bon Secours Cancer Institute, VA, USA.
Colorectal cancer still remains the third cause of cancer death among cancer patients. Early diagnosis is crucial and they can be either endoscopic or with blood biomarkers. Endoscopic methods consist of gastroscopy and colonoscopy, however; in recent years, endoscopic ultrasound is being used. The microenvironment is very important for the successful delivery of the treatment. Several proteins and hormones play a crucial role in the efficiency of the treatment. In the current mini review we will focus on interferon-γ.
Keywords: colorectal cancer, microenvironment, interferon-γ.