J Cancer 2021; 12(20):6165-6169. doi:10.7150/jca.62154 This issue
1. Department of Pathology, The First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Kunming 650031, Yunnan, China.
2. Department of Pediatric Surgery, Guangzhou Institute of Pediatrics, Guangdong Provincial Key Laboratory of Research in Structural Birth Defect Disease, Guangzhou Women and Children's Medical Center, Guangzhou Medical University, Guangzhou 510623, Guangdong, China.
3. Department of Clinical Laboratory, Yunnan Key Laboratory of Laboratory Medicine, the First Affiliated Hospital of Kunming Medical University, Kunming 650032, Yunnan, China.
4. Kunming Key Laboratory of Children Infection and Immunity, Yunnan Key Laboratory of Children's Major Disease Research, Yunnan Institute of Pediatrics Research, Yunnan Medical Center for Pediatric Diseases, Kunming Children's Hospital, Kunming 650228, Yunnan, China.
5. Department of Pediatric Surgery, the First Affiliated Hospital of Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou 450052, Henan, China.
6. Department of Pediatric Surgery, the Second Affiliated Hospital of Xi'an Jiaotong University, Xi'an 710004, Shaanxi, China.
7. Department of Hematology, The Second Affiliated Hospital and Yuying Children's Hospital of Wenzhou Medical University, Wenzhou 325027, Zhejiang, China.
8. Department of Pathology, Children Hospital and Women Health Center of Shanxi, Taiyuan 030013, Shannxi, China.
9. Yunnan Key Laboratory of Stem Cell and Regenerative Medicine, Biomedical Engineering Research Center, Kunming Medical University, Kunming 650500, Yunnan, China.
#These authors contributed equally to this work.
YTHDF2 is responsible for maintaining the dynamic N6-methyladenosine (m6A) modification balance and influences a variety of cancers. We tested whether YTHDF2 gene rs3738067 A>G polymorphism is related to Wilms tumor by genotyping samples of Chinese children (450 cases and 1317 controls). However, the rs3738067 A>G polymorphism showed no statistical significance with Wilms tumor susceptibility. Stratification analysis also revealed that there was no remarkable association of rs3738067 variant AG/GG genotype with Wilms tumor risk in every subgroup (age, gender, and clinical stages). In all, the results indicated YTHDF2 gene rs3738067 A>G polymorphism could not alter Wilms tumor risk significantly.
Keywords: Wilms tumor, susceptibility, m6A, YTHDF2, polymorphism